Below are a few key points you should remember about Real Estate Taxes.
- Monroe County Taxes run a year behind. For example, for the tax year 2006 You will be paying on what you owned on or before July 1, 2005.
- Any land purchased less than two years ago will likely still be in the previous owners name. The current owner should call by the first of August if they have not received their tax statements.
- It is the landowner's responsibility to ensure that an Escrow Company has paid their land taxes, this is not the responsibility of the Monroe County Tax Office.
- The Monroe County Tax Office is not responsible for any missed taxes. It is the owners responsibility to know how much land, and if any land has been missed upon payment.
- Any changes to your Tax Statement (address, acreage, assessed value) should be done in the Assessors office.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:30 AM till 4:20 PM
350 Main Street
PO Box 350
Union, West Virginia 24983
Phone: (304) 772-3018
Fax: (304) 772-5051