Monroe CountyMonroe County
In order for a Concealed Weapons Certificate to be issued the following guidelines must be met:
- Must be a resident of Monroe County.
- Taken the Concealed Carry Course and have a certificate stating you completed and passed the course.
- Never convicted of a felony or never found guilty or have a pending domestic violence case.
- Show original or have a copy of your Driver's License or Government ID.
- Total Cost for a Concealed Weapons Certificate is $91.50.
Below is the link for the Concealed Weapon Application. You may download and print this application.
Q. When I apply in person for my concealed weapons certificate will I receive it the same day?
A. No, upon the office receiving your application there must be several steps in order to verify you are able to receive a certificate. The are as followed:
- A background check will be ran
- Upon receiving the background check the Sheriff shall review the background and determine if the individual can receive a certificate.
- The certificate must then be manually typed.
Q. Can you mail me my certificate?
A. No, you must sign the certificate in the presence of one of the Sheriff's office workers.
Q. In what states is my certificate honored?
A. West Virginia, Arkansas, Virginia, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee
Q. Are there places where I can not carry my concealed gun?
A. Yes. Correctional
facilities, Primary or secondary school properties,
School busses, Primary or secondary school-sponsored functions or events, Courthouses, Anywhere on the State Capitol Complex (including the grounds outside the buildings), Wherever signs are posted indicating weapon
restrictions or where notice has been given by other means, Any building
owned or leased by the federal government where federal employees are
regularly present, Airports.
Q. Is my Concealed Weapon Application and Certificate public record?
A. Yes. The names, addresses, and other personally-identifying information of all West Virginia concealed handgun licensees are public records.
Q. Can I apply for a Concealed Weapon Certificate online?
A. No, however you can download the application, print it out, and present it to the Sheriff's office. PLEASE NOTE: You must sign the application in front of a Notary Public. You can find the application for Concealed Weapons here.