- You must be a United States citizen and a resident of the county in which you wish to register, 30 days prior to an election.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or 17 years old and will be 18 on or before the next General Election.
- May not currently be under conviction, probation or parole for a felony, treason or election bribery.
- May not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of competent jurisdiction.
How can I register to vote?
- In person at the County Clerk's Office
- Online at the West Virginia Secretary of State's Website.
- By mail. Click here to print a Voter's Registration Application. Once completed, please mail to Monore County Clerk, PO Box 350, Union, WV 24983
- By contacting the County Clerk's Office at (304)772-3096 and request us to mail you an application.
- At an outreach location designated by the Clerk's Office a couple months prior to an election. The date and location will be advertised in the local newspaper.
Where can I register to vote in person?
- The County Clerk's Office at the Courthouse, 216 Main Street in Union
- Driver License Offices
- Public assistance agencies
- Agencies which serve people with disabilities
- Military recruiting offices
Outreach Voter's Registration Services
Each year in which an election will be held, the County Clerk and his staff will provide outreach voter's registration services at different locations throughout the county. The dates, times and location of the outreach Voter's Registration will be published in the local newspaper.
The County Clerk's Office also visits James Monroe High School each year to provide eligible students an opportunity to register to vote.
Information Concerning Registering to Vote by Mail
When registering to vote by mail, please provide us with your physical address in block #4 of the application. if you haven't been assigned a house number, please give us the road or street you live on. We use this information to assign you to the correct precinct.
If you register to vote by mail, you will be asked to provide identification the first time you go to vote.
Upon receipt of your voter's registration application, the County Clerk's Office will mail you a confirmation card that will have the address in which you provided us. If the cared is not returned to our office, we assume your address is correct and you will then be mailed a letter advising you of your voting precinct and location and your voter's registration card.
If you don't recieve your letter and card within 7-14 days of mailing your application, please contact the County Clerk's Office immediately.
Total Voter Registration by Party for Monroe County
To see the Total Voter Registration by Party for Monroe County, please click here.
Voter's Registration Deadline
The last day to register to vote is twenty one (21) days proir to an election.
- Voter Registration Application
Application For Absentee By-Mail Ballot
Am I Registered To Vote and if so, where do I vote?
Early Voting Period and Locations
Precinct Names and Numbers
Voter Registration Totals by Party and Precinct
House of Delegates District Information & Map
State Senate District Information & Map